In the present world, the SSL certificate has become an important thing these days. A few years ago there was no SSL certificate, The sites will be secured automatically. But now if we need SSL certificate then we need to purchase it from any domain provider sites. In these days no one is trusting a site if they see “Your connection with this site is not secure”.To make our site secure and enable https then we need an SSL certificate. Some people may purchase easily but some can’t.
This article is for the people who are unable to purchase an SSL certificate. These are many sites proving free SSL certificates but all of the sites don’t work. At a few sites, we may not be able to complete the process easily and a few sites are fake. Even I have searched for many sites to make the process easy for you and at last I have found the best site with easy process.
For installing an SSL certificate in your site then you should need access to your Cpanel(mandatory). Follow the below-provided steps and install an SSL certificate in an easy way.
Also read:-How to crash your friend’s WhatsApp…
- First, go to a website named Zerossl.
- Now scroll down and stop where you see FREE SSL certificate Wizard.
- Now click on the start button below that sentence.
- There you can see two columns, Go to the column where you can see Domains(only if you have no CSR).
- Enter your website name there in this format “yourdomain.address” (example getitfast.in).
- After entering accept the terms below it and then click on the next button.
- A message will be displayed asking “include www-prefixed version too”, Select it based on your choice.
- It will take some time to generate CSR.
- After generating, Copy or download that and then click on next.
- It will take some time to generate account key.
- Copy or download the generated key.
- Now click on the next button.
- It shows a verification page.
- Now click on the download icon which you see after your domain name.
- Go to your Cpanel and open the file manager of this current website.
- You need to create a folder and name it as webroot.
- Open webroot folder and create a new folder and name it as .well-known.
- Again open the .well-known folder and create a new folder named acme-challenge.
- After creating all the above folders now upload the downloaded files in the acme-challenge folder.
- After uploading go back to Zerossl website and click on the filename which is present beside the download icon.
- When you see the uploaded file name then you are correct till now.
- If you see any error page then verify the process again and correct if any mistakes are there.
- Click on the next button.
- You can see a page displaying two code.
- Now open Cpanel and go to SSL certificate category.
- There select the current domain and paste these two codes in the boxes provided there.
- Open your site and check it if it is showing secured or not.
- If it is not showing secured then go to your site and log in with WordPress.
- Now go to plugins and click on add new.
- in the search bar search for SSL.
- In the search results download the plugin named Really simple SSL and activate the plugin.
- A message will be displayed on the page saying “activate the SSL”, Click on that.
- You will be logged out of your WordPress.
- Log in again and check at the top, SSL will be activated and if you click for info then it will show a message “connection is secured. Secured by Let’s encrypt.
In this way, you install a free SSL certificate on your site. If you face any problem while doing this process then please let us know in the comment section below.